The 2018 LBG Canada Benchmarking Cycle has come and gone and companies are now using their Audit & Benchmarking reports to inform their community investment strategies.
Bryan Thiedemann, LBG Canada’s Manager of Data Analytics & Special Projects, will review community investment, volunteering and giving group-wide results in webinars on July 17th and 19th. Below is a preview of results across the LBG Canada community:
- The amount of data submitted by LBG Canada companies increased by 20% year over year, that’s 10,000 additional lines of data. This additional data represents, in many cases, an expansion of company investment in community, pushing the total corporate footprint from $413 million to $461 million! Increases in corporate giving were mostly comprised of additional cash investments, but companies also seemed to be increasing their investments into program management.
- LBG Canada companies once again illustrate that giving is an important aspect of an employee engagement strategy. In Fiscal 2017, the average giving rate nearly doubled, from 17% to 32%!
- While companies increased their investment into communities, employees also continued to go above and beyond and set a new record for total giving of $69 million in fiscal 2017! That’s an increase of almost 40% since 2016 alone.
For more interesting data trends, or if you would like to discuss your A&B Report, contact Bryan today!
Are you interested in the growing trend of reporting on the UN Sustainable Development Goals? On July 12th, Ethical Corporation is hosting a webinar to show how innovative businesses are demonstrating their progress on ambitious targets through SDG focused disclosures.
Senior Leaders from Tetra Pak, PGGM, Coca-Cola and WBCSD will share their experience and strategies in this 1 hour long session. These include:
- Identifying what is relevant for SDG reporting
- Mapping against your operations on a local, national and regional level
- Measuring your impacts against the SDGs
- Properly communicating your impacts against the SDGs
To register to attend and receive the recording, please click here.
Click here to watch the LBG Canada Western conference video and see some inspiring moments from our discussion of community investment’s role in a diversity and inclusion strategy.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join your peers to exchange feedback on each other’s sustainability reports! Join Global Compact’s Reporting Peer Review Program to have experts from other businesses review your sustainability report and give you honest and to-the-point feedback that you won’t get from your readers or other stakeholders.
Participate in the program to:
- Exchange and receive insightful, substantive, and genuine feedback from your industry peers and sustainability experts
- Share best practices with companies from different industries and backgrounds
- Benchmark your company’s reporting practices and sustainability initiatives with your peers
- Be recognized for taking the lead and initiative to improve sustainability reporting and transparency in Canada
Already confirmed participants for this year’s program include:
July 12th – Ethical Corporation Webinar on SDG Reporting. Register here.
July 17th – Review of 2018 Benchmarking Results (CI). Register here.
July 19th – Review of 2018 Benchmarking Results (EV & EG). Register here.
International Corner – Australian Companies Discuss Workplace Giving Strategies by LBG Global
Australian companies highlighted the business benefits of work place giving programs during an event in Brisbane to celebrate Work Place Giving month, hosted by LBG, Work Place Giving Australia and Good2Give.
Simon Robinson, Director of LBG Australia & New Zealand outlined how work place giving and employee fundraising could be used as a key part of an effective community investment program, explaining how employers costs and matching can be reported alongside employee’s contributions as a component of the company’s overall community investment.
Click here to learn more.